- Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay is an annual fundraiser to support Champions for Children, its services and programs. All money raised from this event will directly support our agency.
- This event was created in 2010 with a goal of introducing and implementing a new annual fundraiser for Champions for Children. Five years later, the event continues to grow and our committee is hard at work planning the 2014 event. (Click on the Top Chef 2014 tab for specific details about next year’s event.)
- Cooking events have become a popular fundraising opportunity recently for various non-profits. Typically, these events are called “tasting” events in which guests get to sample bite sized portions of larger meals created for a judging panel. Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay is not your typical tasting event; all guests get to experience a full five-course meal and participate as a judge themselves!
- Also, Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay gives chefs complete freedom to create a dining experience like no other. This event encourages chefs to channel their inner creativity to design everything from menu to decor. Each chef prepares – tableside – a five course meal with accompanying wines (or other libations) for a table of 12 people. Chefs also provide their own linens, flatware, centerpieces and more to create a world within the venue specific to each chef’s unique vision.
- The highlight of the evening takes place when the coveted Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay Awards are announced. Participating chefs have four chances to take home a prestigious title the night of the event. The first award, “Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay” goes to the chef who is voted as the best chef of the evening by a pre-selected panel of judges. The second award, “Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay – People’s Choice,” goes to the chef who scores the highest overall average on their courses they prepared for guests that evening. “Top Philanthropic Chef of the Year” is awarded to the chef that raises the most money through sponsorships and live auction items for Champions for Children. The last award is for “Best Table Decor”, which awards the chef and restaurant for having the most creative and visually appealing table the night of the event.
We look forward to seeing you at Top Chef of the Year Tampa Bay 2014!
Please visit the Top Chef 2014 tab under events for more specific information & details.
Take a peek at 2013′s competition winners: